Saturday, January 08, 2005

Life sucks

Okay, life doesn't really suck. Still, it is problematic on occasion. Right now, for example, I'm trying to locate some apparatus that I use for a magic trick, and I can't find it anywhere. Too bad; I really wanted to show off at a brunch tomorrow.

I watched some improv comedy a few hours ago. It was too vulgar for my taste, though. I can understand the occasional dirty joke, even if I don't approve; however, I do wish that people would stay away from outright vulgarisms. Foul language just isn't necessary.

Some people say that foul language is needed for literary effect. I'll agree that on occasion, it can be helpful in that regard, especially when writing certain characters. However, good writers don't need to use such language liberally. If they have properly mastered the English language, then they don't need to stoop to that level.

I really miss this clean improv act that I saw several times in Utah. Those guys were great. Much more talented that the crowd that I had to watch tonight.